Quick update for everyone on some of the developments from the past few weeks:
- Summer networking drinks – places are getting booked up fast. We anticipate the event will be fully booked within the next week or so for the fun evening of networking on 28th July. Don’t delay if you’d like to come. We already have a great mix including some top brands and affiliates expected to attend. Register now.
- The agenda for the next full Council meeting is now open. This also takes place on 28th at MEC’s offices in central London (huge thanks to them for accommodating us).
- On the agenda so far we have the usual committee updates as well as an update from Webgains on the recent pan-European affiliate survey they carried out. We’ll also be welcoming the IAB’s Jon Mew to talk about general mobile trends within online. As such an important and fast developing area it’s obviously crucial we keep on top of this channel so hopefully Jon can provide some useful insights.
- We’re contemplating putting on a mobile event in the near future and would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions for content. Please get in touch if you’re interested in getting involved.
- The official AMC reaction to the ASA’s digital marketing remit extension is now ready to go and will be appearing on this blog shortly. It has the approval of the ASA and the IAB so we’re confident it will offer useful guidance to the community.
- The blog, as ever, is looking for new and engaging content. If you think you have something you’d like to share with the wider affiliate community then this is the place to shout about it. With thousands of unique visitors since this blog launched last year, the site is becoming one of the central information hubs for the industry.
And that’s about it for now. Hope to see you all at the affiliate drinks in three weeks!